The Metric System
Technological data is usually reported employing metric system units of measurement. You will find four standard metric measurement units:
• Length = meter (m)
• Volume sama dengan liter (l)
• Mass (weight) = gram (g)
• Temperatures = ° Celsius (° C)
All four metric system basic units could be converted into greater or small units merely by adding a prefix in front of the basic product:
• kilo (k) sama dengan Makes the fundamental unit a thousand times larger (103)
• deci (d) = Makes the fundamental unit 12 time small (10-1 or perhaps 1/10)
• centi (c) = The actual basic product 100 instances smaller (10-2 or 1/100)
• milli (m) sama dengan Makes the fundamental unit one thousand times more compact (10-3 or perhaps 1/1000)
• micro (µ) = Makes the basic product a million occasions smaller (10-6 or 1/1, 000, 000)
For example , a person may possibly weigh 63, 000 grams. That same person also weighs 63 kilograms (kg) since every kilogram is equal to a thousand grams. These kinds of larger and smaller products are called " derived” models
The basic product of size in the metric system is the meter (m). Common produced units will be the centimeter (cm) (10-2 or 1/100 of the meter) as well as the millimeter (mm) (10-3 or perhaps 1/1000 of your meter). Intended for measuring huge distances, the kilometer (103 or a thousand meters) can often be used.
The basic unit of volume inside the metric method is the liters (l). The most common derived device is the milliliter (ml) (10-3 or 1/1000 of a liter). The volume of any milliliter is definitely equal to the volume of a dice 1 centimeter per part. (The ml is often known as the cu centimeter (cc) in the medical field). An additional derived unit is the micrometer (µl) (10-6 or 1/1, 000, 500 of a liter).
C) Mass (weight)
The basic unit of mass in the metric system is the gram (g). The most common derived unit is the mg (mg) (10-3 or 1/1000 of a gram). For calculating large world, the kg (103 or perhaps 1000 grams) is often used.
The basic device of temperatures in the...